What problem do we solve?
Many groups have taken positive steps towards inclusion in service delivery (eg Indigenous flags and artwork, RAPs, employment strategies & NAIDOC Week activities), yet many organisations and programs are still not producing excellence.
We help you understand the structural and human factors at work in your organisation by using the best evidence, razor-sharp analysis and crystal clear strategic thinking to get you optimal results.
ABSTARR guarantees a professional approach at all times, is a 100% Aboriginal owned and operated consulting business, and is certified with Supply Nation.
Some of the recent outcomes achieved by ABSTARR include:
- Producing a strong definition and rationale for self-determination in Korin Korin Balit-Djak – the new Victorian Aboriginal Health, Wellbeing and Safety Strategy
- Clarifying the thinking of the Queensland Department of Communities and the Department of Attorney General in relation to issues of cultural safety, whiteness, and power-sharing
- Working with the professions of medicine, nursing, psychology, dentistry and others to ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health is addressed in curricula, training and accreditation
- Facilitating Griffith University’s strategic plan for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health in their medical courses
- Development of The Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency’s Statement of Intent
See the results page for a full list of the change ABSTARR Consulting leads.